Dominica Citizenship by Investment
Officially called the Commonwealth of Dominica, this beautiful country is also called ‘Nature Island of the Caribbean’ due to its wide variety of flora and fauna and extensive natural park system, boasting a remarkably unspoiled natural beauty. Emerald green mountainsides cascade down to the mild Caribbean Sea and are speckled with coconut trees, banana plantations, and bright tropical flowers. Dominican climate is tropical and much of the island is covered in rainforest. There are many waterfalls and lakes, and 365 rivers. Unsurprisingly, Dominica is a popular location for hiking, scuba diving, and whale watching.
Dominica is a member of the United Nations, CARICOM, the British Commonwealth, the Organisation of American States, OECS and many others.
Perhaps the most popular citizenship by investment (CBI) program due to its cost-effectiveness, the Dominican CBI is also one of the longest-running programs. The Dominican CBI was introduced by the Government in 1993. Dominica passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to more than 125 countries including, the U.K., the countries of the Schengen area, Singapore etc.
The Commonwealth of Dominica has a very favourable tax regime with no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income, or capital gains tax.
- Application process – the application process is fast and generally completed in 3-4 months.
- Travel requirement - applicants don’t have to travel to Dominica for the application process.
- Qualifying criteria - no interview, education or managerial experience is required. Applicants must have required funds, be of outstanding character, hold no criminal record and be in excellent health.
- Dependants – applicants can add their spouse, dependent children up to 30 years of age, parents and grandparents above the age of 55 years to the application.
- Investment Options – applicants must either make a non – refundable contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (donation) or invest in an approved real estate project.
- Visa-free travel – holders of Dominican passport can travel to more than 125 countries without a visa including, the UK, the countries of the Schengen area, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, etc.