Portugal Residency By Investment
Portugal, a developed and a high-income country is fast becoming a popular choice for investors and businessmen aspiring a residence in Europe. With its rich history, architectural heritage, great climate, strategic position and a great business environment, Portugal offers everything an investor looks for. Portugal happens to be one of the most visited places in Europe and tourism is one of the biggest industries. A full member of the European Union and the Schengen, individuals holding a Portuguese residence can freely travel among 26 countries of the Schengen area. Besides providing a high standard of living, Portugal also offers a robust health care system and top-notch education opportunities with many universities and colleges spread across the country.
The Government of Portugal introduced the Golden Visa Program in 2012, giving investors an unrestricted right to live, conduct business, work and study in Portugal. The Golden Visa can be acquired through investment multiple ways; however, investment in real estate is the most popular. The citizenship of Portugal can be acquired after 6 years of issuance of the first Golden Visa with basic language requirement and a stay of only 7 days per year in Portugal. The Portuguese passport ranks fourth in the world with citizens being able to travel to over 163 countries without a visa including the US, the countries of the Schengen area, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UAE, Singapore, Hong Kong etc.
- Live in a peaceful country with one of the highest standards of living in the world.
- Have access to one of the world’s best public health care services.
- Get the right to attend the country’s world-class schools, universities and colleges
- Applicants can either invest in real estate or make a capital transfer in a business or company.
- Investment capital can come from any lawful activity, including business ownership, gifts or inheritance.
- Applicants must have required funds, be of outstanding character, hold no criminal record and be in excellent health.
- Minimal stay requirements.
- Applicants can include children up to 25 years of age and parents to their application.