Malta Citizenship by Investment
Malta, the heart of the Mediterranean, offers superbly sunny weather, stunning beaches, active nightlife and a safe and advanced cosmopolitan life. More than 1.5 million people visit Malta every year to witness the breath-taking scenery and indulge in history dating back 7000 years. Malta is rich not only culturally but economically too. Malta is one of the strongest and most stable economies of the European Union (EU). Citizens of Malta enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world with the Government providing universal free healthcare as well as free education to the citizens. The healthcare system of Malta has been ranked as one of the best in the world by WHO. Unemployment in Malta is one of the lowest in the world and citizens enjoy a very low tax on the income with no net worth, gift, and inheritance tax. Moreover, citizens of Malta who are not domiciled in Malta are taxed on a remittance basis only.
Being a full member of the European Union, the citizens of Malta can establish themselves in any of the 28-member states of the EU with an unrestricted right to live, work and travel. Citizens of Malta also have the right to attend schools or universities within any EU country for free or with reduced tuition rates.
The citizens of Malta can travel visa-free to more than 161 countries worldwide including the UK, the countries of the Schengen area, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and many others.
- Application process – the application process is fast and generally completed in 12 months.
- Travel requirement – very minimal travel is required to complete the citizenship process.
- Qualifying criteria - no education or managerial experience is required. Applicants must have required funds, be of outstanding character, hold no criminal record and be in excellent health.
- Dependants – applicants can add their spouse, dependent children up to 25 years of age and parents aged over 55 to the application.
- Investment Options – applicants must make a contribution to the National Development Fund, invest in real estate and acquire Government bonds or securities.
- Visa-free travel – the citizens of Malta can travel visa- free to more than 161 countries worldwide including the UK, the countries of the Schengen area, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE and many others.